Generate Clean Energy – Plus Savings
Solsmart does more than create clean energy for your home and community. Our customized solar systems help you make money from the energy your MicroFIT system generates. By creating environmentally responsible power for you and your community, you benefit the planet – and your bank account.
How does MicroFIT work?
- Because MicroFIT is administered by the Ontario Power Authority (OPA), homeowners must be approved before they can participate in the program. Our Solsmart team has the expertise to make sure you’re eligible to join.
- Once the OPA approves your home for MicroFIT, you are guaranteed to make 38.4 cents for every kilowatt-hour of solar energy you produce, for a 20-year period. (Note: 10kW is the largest size allowed by the microFIT program)
- You continue to purchase electricity from the hydro company and your electricity bill stays the same. However, you sell to the hydro company the electricity the solar panels produce.
- A second meter tracks the electricity your panels produce and the hydro company pays you based on this reading. For example, your hydro bill might be $100/month, but you receive a check from the hydro company for $250/month for the solar energy your home produces.
Start Saving with Solsmart
Making the switch to solar and investing in the future of our planet is easier than you think. Solsmart helps you simply and economically equip your home to generate solar energy – the most responsible, dependable, and renewable energy source. In addition, you can:
- Earn up to 14% return on your investment
- Increase the value of your home
- Off-set your energy consumption and increasing electricity costs
Solsmart installed system earns enough revenue to pay for itself, while providing you with additional income from the very first month.
Subsidize your energy costs: Many financing options are available to encourage the switch to solar. Solar panels are warrantied for 25 years and generally provide a payback period within the first seven or eight years. Plus, when you sign a 20-year microFIT agreement with Ontario Power Authority (OPA), you can earn up to 14% return on your investment.
Earn extra money: You’ll be able to sell back to the utility company all the energy produced by your microFIT project. You’ll receive contract payments from your local distribution company for the electricity your system generates. These payments are made on the regular billing cycle on behalf of the OPA. In many cases, your Solsmart system earns enough income to pay for itself and provides you with additional revenue after only one month.
Increase the value of your home: According to recent independent studies, solar-powered homes sell for an average of $17,000 more than comparable homes without a solar energy system. In addition, compared to other home renovations, solar can often recover 100% of the original cost. As the industry matures, the value of solar will only increase.
Cut your utilities expenses: Investing in a solar power solution reduces your electricity costs by an average of 50-100%. In addition, if you finance your system, you have the luxury of always knowing the exact amount of your monthly energy bills.
Get seamless financing: Solsmart is committed to facilitating the financing process for you. Through our partnership with TD, we can help you arrange 100% financing to make owning your own solar system a reality. Why choose to own your own solar solution rather than renting?
- We offer zero money down for a 10kW system. The microFIT revenue not only pays off the loan, it generates pure profit for you and your family. When you rent a solar solution, those earnings go to someone else.
- Owning your microFIT solar system is more profitable than renting your roof to a “Free Solar” company. In fact, renting your roof can create serious problems when you try to sell your home.
Get Started Today
Solsmart is the Greater Toronto Area’s leading residential solar providers mainly because our in-house team of experts flawlessly handles the entire process – from financing and permits, to installation and monitoring. Visit our website for a free quote.